28/09/2008

Flower Power

This for me is a large painting because most of them are only half to three quarters this size.

It is only one of two or three pictures that I painted without people, birds or animals.





I initially had part of a chair with a cat sitting on it at the bottom left hand corner but eventually took it out as it improved the composition of the painting.




Ideally I like to keep an unfinished paining at home so that I can look at it now and then and invariably notice something that needs improving.

Here I took out the cat and chair added a flower and put some yellowy orange colour on the leaves, all down towards the end of 2008.

This painting and many other prints and originals are available from the -

Mccrea Gallery
298 Portobello High Street
Edinburgh
EH14 2AS

Tel: 07846105487

E Mail: lindsay.mccrea@yahoo.co.uk

No comments: